No products in the cart.
March is Youth Art Month! The Council For Art Education brings Youth Art Month to a national level, with festivities annually to celebrate visual arts in classrooms K-12 in the United States.
Youth Art Month (YAM) emphasizes the value of arts education for all children and encourages support for quality art programs.
In Colorado, the Colorado Art Education Association celebrates Youth Art Month with an Art Exhibit at the Colorado State Capital March 17 -25, including a reception on March 19 from 3:30 to 5 pm.
1. Recognize art education as a viable factor in the total education curricula that develops citizens of a global society.
2. Recognize art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all.
3. Direct attention to the value of art education for divergent and critical thinking.
4. Expand art programs in schools and stimulate new art programs.
5. Encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
6. Provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
7. Increase community, business and governmental support for art education.
8. Increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative ventures.
9. Reflect and demonstrate the goals of the National Art Education Association that work toward the improvement of art education at all levels.
This list as shown above is directly taken from NAEA’s page about Youth Art Month. Please click through to read more about Youth Art Month.
At Stone Leaf Pottery, we understand an art teacher’s job is to educate, inspire and give students a real understanding of the art experience. That’s why we wanted to share an amazing opportunity to give your students a first-hand involvement in the the diverse art scene that Colorado has to offer.