Sundays Mornings 10 am to 12:30 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday Evenings from 6:30 to 9 pm
Wednesday Afternoons from 1 to 3:30 pm
There is currently a wait list for classes at Stone Leaf Pottery. If you are interested in classes OR if you are a current student and need any information about your lessons or materials fee balance, please email us.
Class Prices, as of January 1, 2014:
5 Classes for $115 – expire 3 months from purchase date
10 Classes for $185 – expire 6 months from purchase date
20 Classes for $290 – expire 1 year from purchase date
A non-refundable Introductory Class is $25 per person
Information about Stone Leaf’s Pottery Classes:
- New students are required to start their lesson experience at Stone Leaf with an introductory lesson. Please email us or call ahead to schedule. 303-463-8081.
- Students are encouraged to pursue a wide variety of pottery making techniques at Stone Leaf. We have wheels, a slab roller, an extruder, large work tables, and a HUGE classroom space. Hand build, throw, make tiles, make functional ware, make what you want. Use our tools, glaze, rolling pins, bats, and a variety of other items for no additional fee.
- Students looking to build a specific studio skill set are always welcome. Let your instructor know what activities you are interested in; we are happy to share info about kilns, firing, pugging, and much more during your class times.
- Stone Leaf is an all encompassing studio; we provide clay, glaze, underglaze, tools, bats, brushes, etc., to our students.
- With the purchase of classes, students are welcome to use our studio to work on projects independently each week during our Open Studio hours, noted daily on our calendar. This is typically about 50 hours per week of non-instruction time.
- Class fees do not include the cost of firing for items created in class. A separate materials fee is charged, based on the weight of the item turned in to be fired.
- Classes at Stone Leaf Pottery can begin at any time. We do not have established start dates. Send us an email or give us a call to schedule an introductory class at the studio when you are ready to start taking classes.
- Class purchases at Stone Leaf are NEVER refundable; come check us out before you give us your money!
- Our introductory class is non-refundable. It is not transferable to another person or a different day or time other than the one originally agreed to. The price of $25 is due at the time you accept an offered slot in one of our introductory classes. The fee is for the introductory class only & does not apply to any other costs such as a lesson package or purchase, store purchases, firing fees, etc.
- Our classes are geared towards adults & mature teens. Students need to be at least 17 years old to enroll in classes at Stone Leaf.
- Stone Leaf does not offer studio time to non-students. If you feel you don’t need pottery lessons, but are looking for a studio to use, consider the lessons a *bonus* to your unlimited studio time. Just $14.50 plus materials fees per month when you purchase 20 lessons.
- Classes have an expiration date which is written on each student’s lesson card. Class attendance cards are kept in a binder in the studio and are available to students at any time. In addition, each student’s expiration date is on the shelf tag which marks the student’s storage space. It is the student’s responsibility to track expiration dates. Considerations will be made for holiday closures, snow days, etc.
- A calendar is printed each month for students providing information about open studio times, special classes, studio specials, etc. We try to have this calendar available by the first of each month.
- Stone Leaf does not provide aprons for students.
- Current students choosing to purchase tools, glaze, toys, brushes, etc., from our store will receive a 10% discount on most items.
- Our studio is clean, safe, and roomy. Our glazes are all LEAD FREE and we offer a HUGE variety of colors.
- In addition to our regular classes, we frequently offer specialty classes that feature a specific technique or glaze project. In most cases these specialty classes can be “paid” for with an exchange of a lesson already purchased.
Thanks – we look forward to you creating here!
Guests of Stone Leaf Students: only current students are able to use the Stone Leaf studio. If SLP students want to have a guest use the studio, a lesson check is always charged off the host student’s lessons, even if guest is there during open studio. Guests, who only observe, do not use clay, glaze, or work with pots in any way, are welcome during open studio. Assisting with clean up is fine, as long as they don’t dump throwing water in the sink, know that returning washed, dried tools to where they live is required, etc. Guests who want to come for a lesson need to ask ahead, and a lesson will be marked off host student’s lessons, or guest may schedule an intro lesson, as available.
Thanks for reading this info about our classes at Stone Leaf Pottery.
Please call us at 303-463-8081 to schedule your introductory class!
Stone Leaf classes currently have a wait list – please email for avalability.