No products in the cart.
Stone Leaf Pottery is seeking a full time store clerk. Pottery/clay experience, and retail experience are required. Formal education in clay/ceramics is preferred, but not required.
Hours will be 9 to 6 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, AND Friday and Saturday from 9 to 4. Potential flexibility with working some Mondays and not every Saturday is possible.
This full time clerk will be primarily working in Stone Leaf’s retail store; interacting with customers by answering the phones and ringing up sales tickets. This new employee must have a friendly manner, be task oriented, able to work well with others, and maintain a calm and positive attitude during busy store hours. General computer knowledge and typing skills are required. Other tasks associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
– weighing out dry materials
– checking-in incoming orders of store merchandise
– counting store inventory and stocking shelves
– receiving customer orders by phone and email and in putting them into the POS system.
– pulling stock for customer orders
– ringing up credit card sales
– sweeping, mopping, and other general cleaning tasks
– preparing customer orders for shipment, and utilizing UPS/USPS online to create package shipments
– cutting SlabMat
– customer carry outs of clay; which will require accurately locating and gathering heavy-weight orders of clay and materials from the warehouse. While this is not the PRIMARY job, our new sales clerk must be able to lift 50+ lb. clay boxes repeatedly. While holding a 50 lb. clay box, candidate must be able to bend, squat, twist and turn to place clay on dolly or inside a customer’s vehicle.
This job is contingent on passing a background check and has a 30 day trial period. A physical may also be required. Hours: 38-40 hrs per week, Tuesday – Saturday. Stone Leaf’s store clerk should have flexibility to work a variety of hours/days as needed to cover both regular store hours and coworker’s absences. Pay is hourly based on experience, PLUS purchasing discounts, month shopping stipend in the store for pottery supplies, and credit for firing fees in the studio. All Stone Leaf Pottery employees have full access to all studio space and equipment for making their own clay work, as well as a provided storage space for personal work and materials.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Sophia with your resume and salary requirements. sophia(at)stoneleafpottery(dot)com.